An all-purpose tactical knife needs to feel familiar and capable, like a well-worn tool, yet still offer quick action and hold up to long-term use. Drawing on critical feedback from military and law enforcement personnel plus its decades of knife design experience, Gerber set out to design a full-size, assisted-opening knife that’s as easy to handle and carry as it is durable and capable. The Gerber Propel AO knife is this knife. It’s a full-size tactical knife with a slim handle profile that fits comfortably in your pocket and hand.
Built to Last
A tactical knife is sure to see a variety of uses, so Gerber uses 420 high-carbon steel to give you a dependable edge. Add a G-10 composite handle and you’ve got an incredibly durable knife. The buttery-smooth operation of Gerber’s Assisted Opening 2.0 design allows a seamless, one-handed opening, while the reliable plunge lock and safety switch secure the blade where you want it, be it open or stowed in your pocket. The tanto-style blade’s black oxide coating adds a stealth element, while the blade’s partial serration adds all-purpose utility for working through stubborn materials like nylon rope and thick plastic.
Personal preference dictates how you carry your knife, so Gerber designed the Propel AO with a three-way adjustable clip to customize the knife’s orientation in your pocket or on your belt. You can set it for tip-up or tip-down storage and left-hand or right-hand bias.
Comfortable, Discreet Carry
To deserve daily use status, a utilitarian knife like the Propel AO needs to feel good in your hand and in your pocket. The composite G-10 handle’s textured surface optimizes grip security in all conditions and maintains a slim profile that complements the knife’s balanced feel. But most importantly, you get a full-size tactical knife that carries discreetly and comfortably, on the job and off.
- Overall Length: 8.52" (21.64 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5" (8.89 cm)
- Closed Length: 5" (12.7 cm)
- Weight: 4.28 oz. (121 g)
- Steel Type: 420HC
- Handle Material: G-10
- Designed and built in Portland, Oregon
- Blade uses high-quality 420HC Steel for long-term durability and a quality edge
- Full-size tanto- style blade is partially serrated for slicing and cutting tough surfaces
- Black oxide coating adds corrosion resistance and low reflectivity
- Black G-10 handle provides sure -grip and durability in slim package
- Pommel with lanyard hole adds utility
- Gerber’s Assisted Opening 2.0 design delivers smooth, one-handed blade deployment
- Plunge lock and safety switch fix the blade in place, open or closed
- Adjustable, three-position pocket clip allows customizable stowage
- Backed by Gerber’s Lifetime Warranty
As the title says, I'd love to see this knife exactly as is but with a drop point blade instead of tanto.
In response to Backpacker, I'd be very glad if Gerber was making a push to move back to the USA. Based on their marketing, promotional information, and products over the last year and a half, it appears they are definitely making a push for higher quality and to possibly move back to US production. Here's hoping!
Finally! I hope Gerber is going back to manufacturing in the US rather than the cheap labor in China... I may go back to Gerber again for knives.
This knife looks amazing and I cant wait to get it. I love how the blade looks and the assisted opening is always helpful