Paraframe II Tanto
Like the swing weight of an old baseball bat, the feel of an evenly balanced knife in your grip adds to its performance. The Gerber Paraframe II is such a knife. This large, folding tactical knife features a skeletonized cast metal handle that complements its full-size tanto-style blade, and is designed to meet the needs of law enforcement personnel on the job.
In the line of duty, an everyday carry knife needs to offer more than just a reliable edge and a stealth finish. Like a good pair of duty boots, it needs to rise to the rigors of daily use, offering comfortable grip, blade versatility and all-around durability. The Paraframe II delivers: Rounded handle edges fit comfortably in your hand, while the partially serrated 3.5-inch carbon steel blade can do it all from sawing through stubborn materials to offering a fine point that’s ready to rise to a critical occasion.
Just like in daily life, it’s the details in this knife that make all the difference. With decades of design experience, Gerber knows the details that give a knife its service utility. Twin knurled thumb studs offer quick and easy blade engagement. The bomber frame lock offers positive blade control and added safety, while the durable black titanium nitride coating offers a stealth, professional appearance. A stout pocket clip helps keep your knife handy.
- Overall Length: 8.13" (20.65 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.50" (8.89 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.75" (12.06 cm)
- Weight: 4.30 oz. (122 g)
- Steel Type: 7Cr17MoV
- Handle Material: 3Cr13
- Tanto-style blade is ready to puncture, slice and perform detailed work
- Black titanium nitride-coated blade reduces unwanted reflection and defends against corrosion
- Partially serrated edge adds utility when dealing with stubborn materials like nylon rope
- Frame lock offers bomber blade control
- Thumb studs facilitate quick, easy blade engagement
- Pocket clip offers security and keeps your knife within easy reach at all times
- Backed by Gerber’s Lifetime Warranty
Very lightweight, not too bulky, perfect for everyday carry. The locking mechanism makes it tough to open one-handed, but since it's built into the frame, I feel the lock is more secure. Definitely a great balance between knife quality and price.
The knife is a great everyday carry knife. It is finely balanced and lightweight in my hand, and the black finish doesn't draw attention. I also noticed that the lock that keeps the blade fixed in place is actually part of the frame itself. Pretty smart, but a tad harder to use.
However, it is almost impossible to open one-handed, and the blade did come in slightly dull. Nothing that can't be fixed though. Great knife!