Evo Large Tanto
The pocketknife is perhaps one of the most useful things ever created by man. With over 70 years of making legendary knives under its belt, Gerber knows a little something about creating knives that perform when needed. The Gerber Tactical Evo Large Tanto takes the popular Evo series of knives and fine-tunes it for even heavier duty. The result is a knife that is as sturdy and lightweight as it is practical.
The Evo Large is designed to be carried with you 365 days a year. For that to be a reality, the knife has to blend all its ingredients just so. The Evo Large boasts the largest blade in the legendary Evo family. It’s partially serrated for tearing through rope, cord or hide, and is made of surgical grade stainless steel coated with black titanium to cut down on reflectivity and add a layer of corrosion resistance.
Worth Its Weight
When you’re out in the field, you want a knife that is up for any task but won’t weigh you down. The Evo Large weighs a meager 3 ounces, but don’t let its light weight fool you—it’s a heavy duty performer. Precision cutouts in the handle reduce excess weight while providing excellent grip and durability. It features a low-rise pocket clip to keep it close at hand when carried in your pocket.
Open in a Flash
A pocketknife is of little use if you can’t get the blade open quickly and easily. With the flip of an index finger, this knife can be opened in a flash. A low-profile liner lock makes for easy one-handed closing as well.
- Overall Length: 8.25" (20.95cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5" (8.89 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.63" (11.76 cm)
- Weight: 3 oz. (85 g)
- Steel Type: 7Cr17MoV
- Handle Material: AL 6061-T6
- Tanto blade is ready to puncture, slice and perform detailed work
- Black titanium nitride-coated blade reduces unwanted reflection and defends against corrosion
- Partially serrated edge adds utility when dealing with stubborn materials like nylon rope
- Liner lock
- Finger flip and dual thumb studs
- Backed by Gerber’s Lifetime Warranty
it is a knife.