Bear Grylls Intense Torch
A high quality flashlight can mean the difference between finding your way back to the car and spending a long night 100 dark yards from the trail. Design by Gerber in collaboration with Bear Grylls, the Bear Grylls Intense Torch packs 140 lumens of bright light into a pocket-sized LED flashlight that weighs less than your smartphone. Several survival-minded features help to make it more than just a bright pocket light. The first thing you’ll notice, after its easy-to-see orange color, is the triangular shape. Round flashlights can roll away on flat surfaces and slip out of wet hands. The Intense Torch won’t roll and it’s easy to grip. Since the conditions when you need an emergency light are often less than ideal, you’ll find the anodized aluminum casing includes a molded rubber grip for optimum comfort and security in your hand, regardless of weather.
It’s an SOS Signal Beacon
A not so obvious but ingenious survival feature is the built-in SOS mode that flashes a bright 140-lumen SOS code with the push of a button. We hope you never need to test it, but if you do, the SOS feature should make you more visible to search and rescue crews on a cold, rainy night. The light has three additional brightness settings to suit your needs and help you meter battery use: 140 lumen high, 35 lumen medium and 17 lumen low. The low setting offers 17 hours of burn time, while the medium provides 8.5 hours and the high runs for 90 minutes. There’s also a momentary-on mode for when you just need a burst of light to locate something in your pack or to signal a partner.
LED Technology Uses Less Power
Thanks to LED technology, the Intense Torch does all of this with just two AA batteries. Its waterproof design protects it from rainy downpours and even an extended dip underwater. The handy wrist lanyard adds security and means you can hang the light in your tent for hands-free lighting. Simple and efficient in its design, the Intense Torch offers peace of mind—pack it whenever your travels include backcountry destinations.
- Overall Length: 5.98”, 22.8cm
- Weight: 3.89 oz, 110.3 g
- Requires 2 AA batteries
- Durable Anodized Aluminum Body
- CREE XPG-R5 LED bulb
- Anodized orange color makes it easy to find amongst your gear
- Three-sided design conveniently stays put when set down or dropped
- Four brightness modes allow you to extend burn time and get the right light for the job
- LED technology is brighter and uses less power than standard bulbs
- High power shines 140 lumens bright for 90 minutes
- Medium power shines 35 lumens for 8 hours 30 minutes
- Low power shines 17 lumens for 17 hours
- Built-in SOS message beam delivers 140 lumens
- IPX7 Rated: Waterproof construction keeps it safe for 30 minutes underwater (up to 1 meter in depth) and in a downpour
- Momentary-on push-button for signaling partners
- Powered by 2 AA batteries
- Convenient lanyard for security and hanging for hands-free lighting
- Lifetime warranty
- Comes with a copy of Bear Grylls “Priorities of Survival” Pocket Guide
I am writing this review on the 2013 Bear Grylls survival series not the intense torch I like all the new gear that came out this year but besides the hatchet and pro knife I was looking forward to the rechargeable torch witch did not come out at the time of this review and I'm guessing either It was a myth,is coming out later this year (2013) like what happens sometimes, or is coming out In 2014 if your reading this in the future and the rechargeable torch is out then there will be another 5 star review but for now 4/5
I bought this flashight thinking that it would put out a stronger light beam than a maglight. I disapointed to find that it doesn't. In fact this in nothing more that a mini maglight painted orange. The only thing I thought was good was that it shaped almost in a triangle shape to stop it from rolling around. But as far putting out a strong beam, it's weaker than a minimag light which cost less than this expensive flashlight. I have been impressed with some of the stuff in the Bear Grylls line, but not this one. My wife is pissed off at me for buying it. I would not recommend this flashlight
A little pricey but over great flashlight. Wish it came with a sheath.