Bear Grylls Survival Blanket
Bear Grylls infamously once used a seal carcass as a wetsuit to endure cold waters. Fortunately for the rest of us, he also helped develop the Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Blanket, so we should be able to avoid the seal scenario. This Survival Blanket is lightweight insurance for an unexpected night in the woods. Drawing on Gerber’s decades of experience crafting tools and Bear Grylls’ adventure knowledge, this is an essential survival tool made better. It’s larger in size and uses more robust material than traditional versions, without adding much bulk or weight. And thanks to the durable material, this survival blanket is reusable.
BIG ENOUGH FOR TWO
Bear Grylls knows shelter is a top priority for survival. The Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Blanket offers the most shelter and ground protection per ounce of anything you can carry when you head for the hills. The blanket’s low-density polyethylene material stretches to resist tearing and, at nearly 8 feet by 5 feet, it’s large enough to provide warmth and shelter for two people. Imagine the benefit of being able to share body heat under one large blanket, versus using two individual blankets when lost or taking shelter from foul weather. The blanket’s bright orange color adds an additional level of visibility if you need to be found.
To help you keep calm in the face of trouble, you’ll find Bear’s “Priorities of Survival” printed on one side of the blanket. These tips come directly from Bear Grylls and his experiences facing trouble head on. A former British Special Forces officer and veteran Everest climber, Grylls knows survival. The reverse side of this lightweight blanket keeps the traditional reflective silver face to help trap and reflect body heat to help you keep warm overnight. The silver face also doubles as a signaling device if you get lost in the backcountry. Furthering the multi-use theme, the Survival Blanket’s packaging doubles as a resealable plastic storage bag, which you can use to collect and store water if you’re caught without other essential gear. The Gerber Survival Blanket is inexpensive insurance for unexpected trouble. It stays unnoticed in your pack--until you need it.
- Overall Size: 94.5" x 60“ (240cm x 152.4cm)
- Weight: 3.4oz (95.1g)
- Material: Low Density Polyethylene
- Thickness: 12 Microns
- Lightweight emergency blanket is an essential part of any survival kit
- Large size blanket means it’s big enough for two
- It weighs less than a tube of toothpaste and will go nearly unnoticed in your pack
- The low density polyethylene material is more robust than traditional blankets
- The 12-micron thick material is tear-resistant and durable, stretching instead of tearing
- This lightweight, compact emergency blanket provides warmth, shelter and ground cover in countless survival scenarios
- Bear’s “Priorities of Survival” are printed on the blanket twice
- Resealable packaging doubles as storage bag and water collector or storage vessel
- Backed by Gerber's Lifetime Warranty
Good blanket, but having his name plastered all over it ruins it.
I got this its awesome its small so you can fit it anywhere