You don’t need more tools—you need the right tools. We didn’t design the Gerber MP1 Multi-Tool just to have the most components; we designed it to deliver the ones you need most often, made from the best materials around. Built with 12 professional-grade components, including pliers, three blades, three screwdrivers and a pry bar bottle opener, the MP1 also distinguishes itself with its distinctive butterfly design and high quality carbon steel, spring-loaded jaws. As easy to use as it is tough, this Multi-Tool’s compact, lightweight construction provides a utilitarian tool that makes quick work of light- and heavy-duty tasks.
Professional Gerber Quality and the Tools You Need
Knowing that you’re going to rely on the plier jaws more than any other component, we forged them from high carbon steel to handle the wear and tear of daily abuse. The result is a commercial-quality tool designed for working professionals, yet user-friendly and compact enough for home tinkering needs, too. The forged, spring-loaded pliers open easily and are ready to perform. To help avoid accidental closure, all components feature an integrated wedge lock.
Those who rely on a multi-tool at work will appreciate the simplicity and durability of the MP1’s tool selection. Think, one tool in your nail bags, rather than six. There are three blade styles to choose from: the all-important fine edge blade, a multi-purpose fully-serrated blade—both made from 420 HC stainless steel—and a smaller do-it-all utility blade, to handle the mundane and the delicate. The MP1’s two sizes of flat blade screwdrivers handle a wide range of screw heads, and the universal magnetic bit driver will fit any bit available, and it comes with a versatile #2 Phillips to help keep you prepared.
Designed as a Daily Driver
A daily driver like the MP1 needs to feel good in your hand. The tool’s molded composite G-10 grip eliminates sharp edges, while its textured surface adds security in cold or wet job sites. Rounding out the MP1’s 12 components is a pry bar to save you from damaging a blade when tackling that hard-to-open paint can. Better still, the pry bar doubles as a bottle opener when thirst finally drags you away from your work. You can count on Gerber for a lifetime warranty and a sturdy polyester sheath to keep your multi-tool within easy reach.
- Open Length: 6.94”, 17.63cm
- Closed Length: 4.38”, 11.13cm
- Weight: 8 oz, 226.8g
- Materials: 6150 Carbon Steel Jaws; 420 High Carbon Steel Blades; G-10 textured composite handle
- High quality forged jaws are stronger than cast versions
- Textured composite handle material (G-10 Compound) is easy on the hands, wet or dry
- Bottle opener doubles as a pry bar to save wear and tear on other components
- Butterfly style opening with spring-loaded jaws is easy to use
- Large fine edge blade features high grade 420HC stainless steel
- Large fully serrated blade features high grade 420 HC stainless steel
- Multi-purpose plier jaws are forged from 6150 carbon steel and include wire strippers and diagonal cutters for electrical projects
- Extra-thick pry bar is thicker than the other components and is tough enough for the heaviest jobs
- Magnetic bit driver features the commonly used #2 Phillips bit for all-around versatility but can be used with any bit
- The large flat driver is your friend for many things, including straight slot screws
- A small flat driver handles your small straight slot screw needs
- The utility blade is the perfect implement for rough work and scraping surfaces that might damage the fine edge blade
- Wedge lock secures all components for safe use
- Polyester sheath can be used to keep your multi-tool within easy reach
- Backed by Gerber’s Lifetime Warranty
- Assembled in Portland, OR USA
Its an OK tool, but 3 things need to change:
- Change out the serrated blade for a saw,
- Move the bottle opener in place of one of the flat screw drivers, making the pry tool a lot more sturdy,
- And Replace the other screw driver with a nice can opener
Since this has a standard bit driver, no need for 2 separate flat head drivers. And 3 blades???
This is a nice multi-use tool for anything. I really like the screwdriver tip being interchangeable making it more useful than the run of the mill multi tools out there on the market. Blades are sharp, pliers work nice and smooth...the warranty is not bad either. Get one to keep in your pocket, tool belt, work truck or even under the kitchen sink for all those tasks that do not really require the whole toolbox to come out.
It looks like you finally made drivers long enough to be useful. It doesn't look like it's $115 bucks worth of useful when compared to an all American multi tool such as a Leatherman which would be cheaper. (Assuming assembled in USA for this product is a way of not saying that it's components are foreign. Either way price point is ridiculous given the other options out there.)
In addition to my previous critical notes which counted 3 drawbacks, I regret to add another one: when plain blade fixed open, the fixator of the tools in this handle could not be locked to the outermost position (though the blade itself is fixed firmly) and the other tools of this handle (screwdriver bit holder and 2 large/small flat drivers) hanging out loosely about 15 mm off the handle at the utmost point - this hardly helps comfortable working.
Just received the multitool - my first impressions. Looks and feels solid, yet not ponderous. I like the concept - less tools, but often used and more functional. But the assembly quality is my complaint! 1) transverse backlash (2 mm) between handles when folded. 2) screwdriver holder with Phillips bit extends 5 mm beyond the edge of handle when folded, though there is quite sufficient space to case/shift it slightly inside. This protruding part is quite a drawback when multitool is in use. 3) Bottle opener/pry bar has unallowable backslash (3-5 mm) when fitted open, though it has to be fixed firmly! So, all these disadvantages sum up negative impression, which is not the case when the item claimed quality and price are high. // 4 stars minus
Leatherman is king, stop trying
I still got my original Legend, Gerber has honored the lifetime warranty twice. Although it still works perfectly, I love the design of the MP1.
Count me in, I'm ordering one now!
Excellent Except Too Much $$$ :-(
this is awesome