A godsend for electricians out on the job site, the Groundbreaker combines industrial-grade wire cutters and strippers with a locking utility knife, locking drywall saw blade and driver with six interchangeable bits. It includes a heavy-duty belt sheath designed with a special loop to keep a roll of electrical tape close by. It's the contents of your tool belt all in one tool.
- Overall Length: 9"
- Width: 2.75"
- Tool Weight: 12.8 oz.
- Total Weight: 1.3 lbs.
- Steel Type: 420J2 Stainless
- Sheath: Nylon
- Spring Loaded Pliers with Replaceable Serrated Jaws and Hammer Tip (w/ Closure Latch)
- Large Curved Copper Wire Cutter
- Wire Strippers (10-20 AWG)
- Bolt Shearing / Re-threading holes (8-32 & 6-32)
- Large and Small Looping / Bending Holes
- Insulated and Non-Insulated Terminal Crimper
- Two Removable Handles
- Multi-position (Variable Blade Length) Locking Utility Blade with Quick Change Blade Function
- Locking Dry Wall Saw with Tip
- Magnetic, Locking Bit Driver
- Hammering Surface
- 6 Bits + Holder (2 Philips, 2 Flathead, 2 Robertson)
- 6 Utility Blades
- Heavy-Duty Belt Sheath
- Holds Tool, Bits, Extra Blades
- Back Pocket Flap to Keep it Tight to Body
- Additional Loops / Pockets for Tape, Pens, Etc
Built specifically for electricians, the Gerber Groundbreaker Multi-Tool combines six common tools into a compact 9-inch unit. Onboard are pliers, wire strippers, wire cutters, a screwdriver with interchangeable tips, a utility knife, and a drywall saw. Though not a primary tool, this gadget could come in handy on small jobs or when you're on a ladder and need something that isn't in your pouch. It's sold with a belt sheath that has a loop for securing a roll of electrical tape
I've only been using the Groundbreaker for a couple of weeks, but I'm quite taken with the big fellow. It's not too heavy, so I don't mind toting it around on a belt, and it has a good assortment of functional tool features. While primarily marketed to the electrical trades, it's a tool that will appeal to renovators, service technicians, and avid DIYers.