Myth Blood Tracker
The perfect shot is hard to make, so the need to track your game once it’s been hit is a reality for most hunters. The telltale sign is blood on the ground but, given dawn or dusk lighting, tracking blood on the ground is easier said than done. That’s why Gerber worked with hunters and engineers to develop the Myth Blood Tracking Light. This small, powerful LED flashlight enhances the color red in low-light situations to simplify tracking your downed animal.
Optimized Spectrum for Fresh Blood
Similar to the way a black or UVA light makes the color white pop, this light’s spectrum is optimized to make fresh blood pop like neon in an environment where there is little naturally occurring red color. The new LED color spectrum is an upgrade from the version used in the original Game Tracker. It’s optimized to highlight blood that’s up to an hour old, and offers enhanced visibility in a broader range of lighting conditions.
Efficient Two-Button Operation
The light offers efficient two-button operation. A single tail button turns the light on, and it’s ready to track. A second, side-mounted button changes the spectrum cast to gray out the field and further enhance the contrast of the blood when you toggle back to primary mode, perfect to help you determine whether you’re still on the blood trail.
Comfortable Rubber Housing
Gerber understands hunting gear is subject to harsh conditions and rough use. The blood tracking light’s rubber outer shell is as durable and lightweight as it is comfortable to handle. It’s big enough to provide solid grip and small enough to fit in a pant cargo pocket or jacket hand pocket.
- LED Output: 33 lumens, 5.5 hours
- Overall Length: 7" (17.78 cm)
- Weight: 7.2 oz. (204 g)
- Material: Rubber overmold
- LED light spectrum optimized for blood identification in low-light, low-contrast situations
- Light operates on 4 AA batteries (included)
- LED offers 5.5 hours of continuous runtime
- IPX4 rated; splashing water from any angle will have no harmful effect
- Two-button operation offers switchable lighting to quickly enhance contrast of blood trail
- LED designed specifically to accurately highlight blood
- Lanyard hole on tail end
- Backed by Gerber’s Lifetime Warranty
I am studying forensics, so this may sound really stupid. If it is a blood tracker, it would work on human blood as well right, like luminol and a uv light would?