Gator II - Drop Point, Serrated + Gut Hook
Not everyone can have a firm grip on life. But just about anyone can have a firm grip on their knife. That is, if they happen to be the owner of a Gator II Folder: The latest, most ergonomically advanced version yet of Gerber's famous thermoplastic grip technology.
These remarkable grips fit in the hand so precisely, so comfortably, you'll be looking for something to cut. Plus, the built-in thumb rests combine with the notched spine grips for maximum control and agility. The stainless steel blade opens effortlessly with one hand, thanks to the strategically-located thumb hole.
The accompanying sheath is constructed of thermoformed ballistic nylon, and accommodates the optional gut hook. But what about the alligator skin texturing on the handle? Heck, we just threw that in to make sure you never lose your grip.
- Overall Length: 8.5"
- Blade Length: 3.62"
- Closed Length: 4.72"
- Weight: 4.4 oz.
- Lock Mechanism: Lock back
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Material: 420HC Stainless Steel
- Blade Type: Serrated
- Handle Material Glass-filled nylon with Gator Grip overmold
- Sheath Material: Thermoformed ballistic nylon
- Gator grip handle texture for maximum grip
- One-hand opening
- Ergonomic handle design
I was looking for a fixed blade knife I could jump with and wanted the Gater handle with a metal or hard plastic sheath so this was my choice as for it did not exist at the time. With the hook cutter is a nice added upgrade from the orignal design just wish the blade edge was a fixed blade with a sturdy sheath.
1. Like so many designs these days, your foldiing knives are too hard to clean thoroughly in hunting camp. If any blood remains on them, they'll corrode fast. So please, get rid of all those nooks and crannies, including the exposed screw heads and the useless lanyard holes.
2. Having taken over 200 deer, I prefer a blade length closer to 4" long and yet a bit narrower than this blade.