Myth Fixed Blade Saw
Cleaning and dressing large game is a serious project, and a portable fixed blade saw makes all the difference in getting the job done in a timely, effective fashion. Listening to veteran hunters, Gerber designed the Myth Fixed Blade Saw to meet the demands of cutting wood and bone. The combination of the saw’s fixed blade and T-handle give it a stout, confident feel for taking on both big game and diverse woodcutting needs.
CARBON STEEL OPTIMIZED FOR BONE AND WOOD
With decades of hunting experience, Gerber knows that limiting the saw’s design to cutting bone would only hinder its functionality. The coated carbon steel blade is a hybrid, optimized for cutting both bone and wood. This means you can use it to prep wild game, as well as to trim branches and improve your shooting lanes—plus any variety of camping or survival-specific uses, from building a shelter to gathering camouflage.
POWERFUL, ERGONOMIC T-GRIP
When it comes time to dress and prep an elk or moose, cutting through chest and pelvic bones demands power. This saw delivers with its ergonomic T-handle and sharp blade. The grip fits snugly and comfortably in your hand, allowing you to drive the saw with confidence, efficiently making cuts where needed. And a saw is only as good as it is sharp, so it comes with a plastic sheath to protect the teeth while stowed in your pack.
- Blade Length: 6.65" (16.6 cm)
- Overall Length: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Steel Type: SK5 high-carbon steel
- Weight: 3.9 oz. (110.5 g)
- Material: Rubber overmold
- Fixed blade provides maximum control and safety for making difficult cuts
- The hybrid medium-tooth saw cuts both bone and wood efficiently
- T-handle with molded rubber grip offers comfortable and confident grip
- Titanium nitride PVD-coated high carbon steel blade resists corrosion
- Plastic sheath protects blade while stowed
- 10-inch length packs easily
Gerber makes awsome products but I'm a little disappointed in the sheath for this saw there is no way to securely attach it to a belt!