Gator II - Drop Point, Serrated + Gut Hook
Not everyone can have a firm grip on life. But just about anyone can have a firm grip on their knife. That is, if they happen to be the owner of a Gator II Folder: The latest, most ergonomically advanced version yet of Gerber's famous thermoplastic grip technology.
These remarkable grips fit in the hand so precisely, so comfortably, you'll be looking for something to cut. Plus, the built-in thumb rests combine with the notched spine grips for maximum control and agility. The stainless steel blade opens effortlessly with one hand, thanks to the strategically-located thumb hole.
The accompanying sheath is constructed of thermoformed ballistic nylon, and accommodates the optional gut hook. But what about the alligator skin texturing on the handle? Heck, we just threw that in to make sure you never lose your grip.
- Overall Length: 8.5"
- Blade Length: 3.62"
- Closed Length: 4.72"
- Weight: 4.4 oz.
- Lock Mechanism: Lock back
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Material: 420HC Stainless Steel
- Blade Type: Serrated
- Handle Material Glass-filled nylon with Gator Grip overmold
- Sheath Material: Thermoformed ballistic nylon
- Gator grip handle texture for maximum grip
- One-hand opening
- Ergonomic handle design
I love this knife and gut hook. I lost the gut hook fishing. I dropped it in the river. I would really like to buy another gut hook. Does anyone know if that's possible.
This is one of the best knives I've ever had. I us it all the time. I carry it everywhere. I dropped the gut hook limb lining. I would love to buy another gut hook. It works great on dear too.
Had it with me during SERE training and sliced through everything. Used it to prep snared rabbit and squirrel. Also cuts right through 550 and thumb sized branches I used for shelter. The grip was made perfectly!
great grip and cutting ability. i use mine on every hunt. would like a fixed blade version with same combo...
This knife is one of the best everyday carry knives. The quality, materials, and ergonomic feel are supreme. This is an excellent all-purpose knife for any indoor or outdoor cutting chore. Thank you, Gerber!
so great i got 2 of them. now if only it came without serrations= perfect.
I was looking for a fixed blade knife I could jump with and wanted the Gater handle with a metal or hard plastic sheath so this was my choice as for it did not exist at the time. With the hook cutter is a nice added upgrade from the orignal design just wish the blade edge was a fixed blade with a sturdy sheath.
1. Like so many designs these days, your foldiing knives are too hard to clean thoroughly in hunting camp. If any blood remains on them, they'll corrode fast. So please, get rid of all those nooks and crannies, including the exposed screw heads and the useless lanyard holes.
2. Having taken over 200 deer, I prefer a blade length closer to 4" long and yet a bit narrower than this blade.